The medical terminology prefix practice exam will hopefully help you get ready for your certification examination. This practice exam will give you a better idea on what you should expect to see on the real test. The American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) recommends that you spend an appropriate amount of time studying prior taking your exam.
The members of Medical Billing and Coding Connection strongly agree with the recommendations of the AAPC. We feel that being properly prepared and knowing the material is key to successfully passing the certification test and being ready to take on your new career. Whether you want to be a medical biller, coder or transcriptionist, we at MBCC want to help you the best we can so that you can be successful in your new job.
So are you ready to get started?
Prefix Practice Exam
This prefix test is one of many of the practice exams we have placed on our website to help you get ready for the real one. We have spent our time researching previously given exams and hopefully created the types of questions you may run in to while you are trying to earn your certification. We would like our practice exams to be part of your arsenal of tools was you prepare yourself for test day.
Tips to Prepare for Your Exam
Here are a few quick tips that may help you get ready for your certification examination. Most of these are common sense but it is nice to be reminded of them once in a while.
- Start your study routine early so you do not have to cram at the end
- Study in quiet and comfortable places with all of your material nearby
- Make sure you get at least eight hours of sleep per day
- Remember to eat right and stay hydrated
- Make a chart or outline of exam topics
- Set up study time with some classmates
- If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask your instructors
- Set up some time to unwind and relax instead of studying all the time
- Make sure you have your study tools with you when you study
Types of Study Tools
The following is a typical list of items — or what we call tools — that you will need to properly prepare for the exam.
- Notes, exams, quizzes and materials from your classes
- A study guide, either in book form or an ebook
- List of helpful websites with the information you need